Easy Baked Beef Brisket with Smokey Haskap BBQ Sauce
Cooking time: 4 hrs 30 mins
Marinading time: 8 hrs or overnight
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion (halved & sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 4 gloves Garlic
- 4 Bay leaves
- 222 mL Lemon-lime soda
- 75 mL Soy sauce
- 3 lbs Beef brisket
For Toppings (optional):
- 1 Tomato (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Jalapeño (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup pickled White onions
- 3 cups Beef broth
- Prairie Hill Farms Smokey Haskap BBQ Sauce
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Prick both sides of the meat with a fork in several places.
3. Coat both sides of the meat with marinade mix and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hrs or preferably overnight (up to 8 hrs).
4. On the day of cooking, remove the meat from the refrigerator and let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°F.
6. Pour the beef broth into a Dutch oven and add the beef.7. Bake beef for 2 hours at 180°F. After 2 hours, increase oven temperature to 350°F, and bake for another 2 1/2 hours. Turn the meat every hour.
8. Transfer the cooked brisket onto a cutting board and shred the meat using two forks.
9. Put your vegetable toppings and top with Smokey Haskap BBQ sauce.
10. Serve hot.