Jam Jam Cookies
1 cup Unsalted Butter
2/3 cup Sugar
1 large Egg
¼ tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 jar 240 mL Prairie Hill Farms any flavour Haskap Berry Spread (rhubarb, honey, mixed fruit, strawberry) except jalapeno!
1 ¼ cup Icing Sugar
1 tbsp Milk + 1 tsp
- Beat the butter and sugar until very fluffy and well blended. Add and beat in the egg, baking powder, salt and vanilla until evenly incorporated. Stir in flour until well blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate dough for about 30 min or longer.
- Divide dough in half, returning second half back to fridge. Roll out between 2 pieces of wax paper to ¼ inch thick, 6 mm. Peel off top layer of wax paper. Using 2 or 3 inch symmetrical cutters (remember we will be attaching 2 cookies together so they have to match) cut out cookies. Transfer to cookie sheet, leaving about 1 inch (2.54 cm) apart.
- Bake cookies at 350° F for 6 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are just slightly coloured at the edges. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Once cookies are cool, place a thin layer of Prairie Hill Farms Haskap Spread on one cookie then top with a second cookie.
Icing and Decoration:
- Mix icing sugar and milk until smooth. Spread onto one side of filled cookies and sprinkle with decorative sprinkles. Place on wire rack until icing is set.
- Makes about 1 ½ dozen filled cookies.